Friday, May 6, 2011

Gulp.


I fought so hard against using Courier. It looks so nice with the business-like or (so my boyfriend calls it) a "typewriter" feel  but it drives me nuts when my page looks like everyone else's. Plus, perhaps it is too rigid for my personality. So I decided to stick with Verdana. Rounded, simple and clear. 

Verdana
"The time has come," the Walrus said,
"To talk of many things:
Of shoes and ships and sealing-wax
Of cabbages and kings
And why the sea is boiling hot
And whether pigs have wings."

Courier
"The time has come," the Walrus said,
"To talk of many things:
Of shoes and ships and sealing-wax
Of cabbages and kings
And why the sea is boiling hot
And whether pigs have wings."


 One of my absolute favorite movies as a child was Alice in Wonderland (the 1999 television film version to be exact.) I would borrow the movie over and over from the public library, rush home to put it into the VCR (oh yes, the VCR) and recite/sing along the entire movie line by line. I loved it. This quote was my favorite, even though I had no idea what it meant at the time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment